Intended for students with advanced French language skills, the School in Cameroon enables students to increase their language abilities through housing and interaction with native speakers. Whether spending time with house mates, in classes, or in the city, students use their language in a very real immersion environment.
As Cameroon’s economic and political capital, Yaoundé is an ideal place for immersion into Francophone African life. Students take courses conducted entirely in French at both the program center (humanities and language) and the Université Catholique de l'Afrique Centrale (social sciences).
• All course work is conducted in French
• Students adhere to the Middlebury Language Pledge®
• Direct enrollment at the Université catholique d’Afrique centrale alongside courses at the Middlebury Center
• Courses in humanities and social sciences
• Internships available in many fields
• Cocurricular activities
• One group excursion per semester
Students live with local families, and are matched based on their individual needs and preferences. The family will provide breakfast and dinner each day.
Health and Safety
All students will be provided with study abroad health insurance for their time abroad, and Middlebury College also has an agreement with Global Rescue for emergency response services and medical consultations.